Pages

About Me

My photo
My name is Nathan Moon. I am a follower of Jesus Christ. I am a full time student at the University of Whitewater, Wisconsin. I am studying creative writing, and journalism. Topics of interest include: civil disobedience, market economy/ politics, religion, poetry, fiction, literary analysis. and more.

Monday, January 16, 2012

God in Our Lives: kickoff; event #1

Hello, readers! This marks the beginning of a new direction. What is it? Well, it involves you and,
obviously, God. But the focus, the goal, is centered around you sharing any experiences you've had, knowing for certain that it was God who provided, lead, revealed, etc.

"God in Our Lives" will be certain life events or experiences that are particularly touching, insightful/ inspiring, troubling, confounding, and so on.

What will come of this I am not certain, but it requires your participation. Just simply email me (natelmoon@yahoo.com, moonnl23@uww.edu), or visit my facebook site, https://www.facebook.com/natelmoon, and send me a message! 

Please, try and refrain from using anyone's actual name unless given certain permissions, or if the story/ event actually rely's on that person's name, then by all means use it. Enjoy! 
______________________

This first event involves my dad, Lee, and my half brother Brendon. While I gathered this story I acquired the permission to use any names. Please, read openly and discuss. 

"MY RAPTURE": dictated by Lee Moon, written by Nathan Moon

Brendon and me were playing in a back alley. I looked at Brendon, and out of my peripherals it was dark; it was blue like it is during an eclipse. Curious I looked up at the sun and noticed the sun was blocked, but it was not the moon that blocked it. 
Suddenly I felt a sensation in the center of my chest, radiating through my body and into my limbs. It was like being touched just right on the nape of your neck, and how your shoulders rear, your back arches, and the tingle runs down your spine. At that very instant I arched up, arms out, and lifted off.
I started lifting up. And up, and up. I knew right away what was happening. 
I realized I had Brendon in my arms. We looked up; we looked at each other, and we knew what was going on.

When I awoke I wept. It was that real.




No comments:

Post a Comment