Pages

About Me

My photo
My name is Nathan Moon. I am a follower of Jesus Christ. I am a full time student at the University of Whitewater, Wisconsin. I am studying creative writing, and journalism. Topics of interest include: civil disobedience, market economy/ politics, religion, poetry, fiction, literary analysis. and more.

Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Strange Brew


"In 1808, President Thomas Jefferson stated the matter bluntly: "I consider the government of the United States as interdicted by the Constitution from intermeddling with religious institutions, their doctrines, discipline, or exercises."
"Fast forward 204 years and President Barack Obama has reversed that logic, ordering religious institutions to provide insurance coverage for employees that must include contraceptives, including those that may induce an abortion" (Mohler Jr.).
This is a concern for many Christians around the nation, and even for some around the world, particularly the Catholics.Mohler reports: "This last Sunday, Catholics around the nation heard letters from their local bishops with the same message. The bishop of Marquette, for example, put the matter with severe simplicity: "We cannot -- we will not -- comply with this unjust law." He goes on: "In other words, the nation's Roman Catholic bishops have signaled their clear intention to defy the law rather than to violate their conscience. Will evangelical Christians demonstrate the same courage and conviction?"
I think he raises a very important question that we should consider: will evangelical Christians exhibit courage and conviction with fear of the Lord? 
I know I certainly would not like to be an employee under such a plan as this. If given the choice I would much rather face the seeming negative reactions from co-workers and my employer than feel shame and guilt for having gone against God's will. It is, therefore, of utmost importance to stand firm on the rock which is the Lord, Christ Jesus, and proclaim truth over man--God's law is the authority; no man-made law or institution can compare. This is why I call evangelical, non-denominational, and followers of Christ from where-ever, to denounce this bill, to protest it quietly--peacefully, with love and joy--and stand up for Jesus and his kingdom. 
If any a time existed for civil disobedience we find it now in these times, beloved. 

Now, I know some people will read this thinking I am crazy to think that a pill such as Plan-B is actually consider abortion. Well, according to my faith and what I feel, yes, it is. I cannot begin to express why exactly I feel this, but I know it to be true. 
In these days we live, we must always be cautious of what we place into society, through our democratic process, as laws. A nation that fears the Lord, and follows his word will be strengthened, but a nation that chooses false-truths over the Lord's law and righteous truth will not prosper. I think many Americans forget about Sodom and Gomorra. I, for one, haven't. Please, beloved, know the candidates, know the ballot. Know that Christ strengthens us, even though we may have a season of sin and hardship. God loves us. Love him. 


For the whole article, and more information, please follow this link: 


http://srnnews.townhall.com/news/religion/2012/02/06/firstperson_the_president_abortion__religious_liberty_in_peril


God bless. 



No comments:

Post a Comment