Pages

About Me

My photo
My name is Nathan Moon. I am a follower of Jesus Christ. I am a full time student at the University of Whitewater, Wisconsin. I am studying creative writing, and journalism. Topics of interest include: civil disobedience, market economy/ politics, religion, poetry, fiction, literary analysis. and more.

Monday, December 19, 2011

From The Beginning to the End of The Semester

I only have positive memories of this semester that is about to end in a few days. Upon transferring to UW-Whitewater from U-Rock, in Janesville, I was nervous. I am a Junior this year, and I am a born again Christian. Know that before I came here (to Whitewater) my roommate's father, Christopher Ramirez read a verse over us. Now, here is an interesting tid-bit: our room number is Fricker Hall, 211. The verse he read to us from his heart was Phillipians 2:11: "And that every tongue should confess that Jesus is Lord to the glory of God the father." Little did I know how great God's love and plan really was.

You can see how my worries were many--what temptations were in store, how will the relationship with my girl friend pan out, will the courses I'm taking be to difficult? But realize that what those thoughts were were negative and critical. Critical thought is not evil, but when there is despair there, then you begin to realize there is a battle beyond anything on the earth. The battle is spiritual. Therefore, when I came to Whitewater I was hungry for God. It wasn't soon after unpacking my bag had my prayer been answered. I found CRU.

Campus Crusades for Christ is an organization for students to live and grow in the Word of God. Soon I was immersed in what God had already taken care of for me. He knew I would have those questions and anxieties; He knew I would need a spiritual anchor; I found the campus I was predestined to be at. Not only was I coming here to grow in English, but I came here to grow in God.

I cannot stress that point enough.

But now, the campus is closing for winter break, and as I venture north to visit my dad for Christmas I wonder, what will happen while I'm away? I know what will happen: God will remain in the classrooms and residence halls, and he will remain with me, at my side and in my heart, directing me where ever he needs me in His kingdom.

I say now, at the end of the semester, "LORD I am your vessel, I am your servant. Take me Lord, and I will surely go. Amen."

No comments:

Post a Comment