Pages

About Me

My photo
My name is Nathan Moon. I am a follower of Jesus Christ. I am a full time student at the University of Whitewater, Wisconsin. I am studying creative writing, and journalism. Topics of interest include: civil disobedience, market economy/ politics, religion, poetry, fiction, literary analysis. and more.

Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Some Thought on Atheistic Thinking

I was reading 1 Corinthians this morning, as it's the book I'm in now for my personal study, and I read verse 25, which says: "Because the foolishness of God is wiser than men; and the weakness of God is stronger than men."

I got to thinking, "Well there ya have it!" That verse is probably one of many that many non-beleivers dismiss, or might not comprehend when they supposedly read and digest the Bible. It's also a verse that can disprove many atheistic beliefs. Unfortunately when it's all said and done, they take nothing from the book and claim that it's an anthology of fantastical tales of wonderment and awe. I challenge that. Read this:
But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned (NKJ).
What 1 Corinthians 2:14 is indicating, is that believers of Christ Jesus have re-awakened the spirit of God inside them, giving them the ability to discern spiritual "goodness" and spiritual "badness," if you will. This means that a "natural man" a person who may not believe cannot gain truth and understanding because, after all, the Bible even says that "natural man" believes things of the Bible are "foolishness". If we are to ever have wisdom, knowledge, discernment, peace, joy, and above all, eternal life, we are to first seek Jesus Christ as the one and only Lord and Savior; only then will we become spiritual men.

However, despite many individuals thinking there is no spiritual realm, or perhaps doubting that a single, omnipotent God presides over everything, just know that Satan is the lord of this earth and he has many decieved. It is a spiritual battle, beloved.

6 comments:

  1. This title is misleading: it really has nothing to do with Atheistic thinking. This whole post is based on scripture and religious belief, all lacking evidence, therefore not presenting any real argument to any non-believer. If you believe the bible is the word of God, your arguments will further encourage someone to believe. Atheists do not recognize the Bible as the word of God, so arguments from the Bible will never hold any merit unless you can prove it is the literal word of God. "just know that Satan is the lord of this earth" How on earth do you "know" this?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know because the Bible says so. I can pull scripture out if you'd like? I don't really see, exactly, how the title is misleading, but I'll read over it and see where there may be confusion ...

    Okay, so...

    The purpose is to shed light on the fact that "natural men" (non-believers) cannot grasp the word of God because they have not been saved by Jesus Christ ... therefore, according to God, when believers are called "foolish" for believing in God, they are actually not as foolish as others may think.

    This may just be one facet of what an Atheist may think ... there will be other posts I'm sure later on about this topic, when I've had an epiphany or some sort of revelation.

    Thanks for your contribution.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Also, this specific post is aimed at those who already believe. I will surely post more for those who do not, and will always encourage people to find God and Jesus.

    Either way one looks at it, it could be eye opening and a means of positive impact.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You cannot simply read the verses I have provided from the Bible ... you have to be spiritually receptive of it. I prove my point here: if you cannot understand it, then it means it's foolish rubbish in your eyes... again: "But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him."

    Try all you want, but you won't shake me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. "I know because the Bible says so."

    The Koran says that Jesus WAS NOT the son of God. All muslims "know" this is true because the Koran says it is. Christians "know" Jesus WAS the son of God because the Bible says he was. What if you were born in Afghanistan, or Iraq, or Egypt? Then you, too, would KNOW that Jesus is not the son of God.

    But you were born in the US, and you "know" Jesus is the son of God, because the Bible says so. Is he or isn't he? My point is: you don't know. And even though billions of people know that they're right, and billions also think they're right, yet they differ on the same subject, they're not both right. there is only one truth, and when your reasoning for believing YOUR truth is the one correct truth is: "I believe it because I believe it, and this inherent belief tells me its wrong not to believe it, so everyone else is wrong and needs me and others like me to save them.", well that's what's so dangerous about religion. That way of thinking is what knocked down the twin towers, causes homophobic hate crimes, protesting at soldier's funerals, etc.

    Please don't think i'm insinuating you are any way part of those things or your beliefs are specifically to blame, I know you're a good person, i'm just saying the argument "This is true because it says its true" is historically a very dangerous, and very wrong argument.

    Thanks for the feedback. In the interest of time, this is the last comment I'm going to leave. Here's everything i'm trying to say, but said by a professional. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AcO4TnrskE0

    ReplyDelete
  6. The Bible says many will be lost and deceived in the end...those lost people are people who don't follow Christ. If the Koran says the same thing, but claims Jesus to be the "one" then good for them. I guess in this case, I won't judge them, but boy do I worry for them.

    This is my last comment.

    ReplyDelete