Pages

About Me

My photo
My name is Nathan Moon. I am a follower of Jesus Christ. I am a full time student at the University of Whitewater, Wisconsin. I am studying creative writing, and journalism. Topics of interest include: civil disobedience, market economy/ politics, religion, poetry, fiction, literary analysis. and more.

Sunday, January 15, 2012

January 1st ... Well, sort of.


I’m sorry I’ve been away for a period of time. Between work, visitations with family, catching up with old friends, and enjoying my time in the Word, meditating, I’ve finally gathered some insight for 2012.
Despite these entire’s “belatedness” I have had much time to reflect upon my year (2011), and the events already of 2012 as I have said. First, let’s start with my resolutions which are as follows:
This year my only two resolutions are, one, to be a man of God, loving everyone, practicing patience—this is walking with Christ; this is reading the Word of Truth. This is not doing it to “better” myself for “betters’ sake.” If I did that, then what Jesus did for me, for us, would be in vain. No. I am doing this because I fear God. I have such an incredible respect and love for Jesus Christ and what he did that I would deny myself to be with Him. I desire that passion to grow. This is His year.
I am not afraid of the future, or the direction the country is taking. I know my soul because Christ Jesus has saved me. God, thank you for Salvation.
My second resolution goes hand in hand with the first, and that is to transfer the power, love, and sound mind the Holy Spirit provides into my relationship with my wonderful, beautiful girlfriend.
Our resolution is to avoid ungodliness, to grow stronger in the Lord together. And plan our future together. I love Jesus Christ, my Lord and savior, and I love the woman in my life.
Praise God, for 2012; Praise God for this new year of opportunity!

No comments:

Post a Comment